About BEAST Baseball:
BEAST Baseball is one of the fastest growing youth baseball organizations on Long Island. With over 20 teams ranging from elementary school age to college age, and players representing all parts of Long Island, the 5 Boroughs and Westchester, BEAST is bringing together the most talented and dedicated youth baseball players in our area. Our teams compete in highly competitive local tournaments and leagues as well as marquee tournaments throughout the US. In 2015 our MVP BEAST Team was ranked 23rd in the nation, the only 13U team in the North East to be nationally ranked.
In addition to our teams, BEAST offers private instruction for every facet of the game. Our trainers range from D1 college players to MLB veterans. Players are matched with the right professional to help them achieve their specific goals.
Whether for our teams or our individual clients, our philosophy remains constant – by focusing on the whole player, regardless of ability level, each individual can be brought to their fullest potential. This means our trainers focus not only on proper mechanics and technique, but player conditioning as well as the mental aspects of the game.
BEAST is excited to bring our training expertise and passion for the sport to Park Shore’s Sports Track Program. Our trainers will develop players in the following areas (as appropriate to the age group):
- Fielding – proper glove technique, agile footwork, cutoffs and relays, double plays, communication
- Hitting – proper mechanics utilizing our hybrid style of linear & rotational hitting, plate discipline, generating power
- Pitching – proper mechanics, motion strengthening, proper warm-up techniques, arm cool down
- Catching – proper framing & presenting, footwork & fielding, blocking, decreasing pop time
- Overall Conditioning – proper warm-ups and stretching, speed and agility work, injury prevention techniques, mental preparation
Additionally all Sports Track players will do a pre and post-training hitting assessment at BEAST’s Commack Facility using HitTrax Data Capture and Simulation System. Campers will receive reports detailing their hitting accuracy & consistency, distance & exit velocity, spray charts and more. Our trainers will utilize the pre-training assessment to guide individual development throughout the program.